Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Assignment #5 - Mrs. Wu's Favorite Things

Cooking: Food is something I enjoy eating and making. I enjoy finding new recipes. Most of the time I use the Food Network site. It gives you access to thousands of recipes from the Food Network chefs. My favorite chefs are Giada, Tyler Florence, and Bobby Flay. For Korean foods, I like to use Maangchi. She is a Korean lady who uploads videos of her cooking the foods step by step. Living away from my parents makes it difficult to learn the recipes of foods I grew up eating, so this site is very helpful when I want a taste of home cooking.

Traveling: My husband and I enjoy traveling. We enjoy trying new foods and seeing new sights. However, travel takes lots of planning and we always like to be prepared. When we went to Barcelona last year, we borrowed a few books, but we liked using Tripadvisor. We liked being able to read people's reviews of restaurants, sights, and find helpful hints and tips to make the trip more enjoyable. We also use sites like Sidestep to find cheap flights because it compares fares to almost all the major airlines and lets you see the different combination of dates and prices to help make your decision.

Crafting: Given a free Saturday or day off, I also enjoy hand making something like a greeting card for someone. I have a collection of stamps, paper, and other embellishments. I like being able to make something for someone and give it to them. I am always looking for ideas. I find ideas on retail sites like Papersource or other blog sites like Controlling My Chaos. They inspire me and give me ideas for new projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment